Healthy and motivated people will:- “go that extra mile • give good customer service • take fewer ‘sickies’ • provide commitment and creativity.”
CGX believes that encouraging fitness in the workplace can actually be extremely beneficial for both employers and employees:
1.Fit/Healthy employees have more self- confidence , energy , positive attitudes and lower stress levels. The endorphins released during exercise and increased energy levels mean employees tend to achieve a physical and mental “balance” that results in a more positive attitude in the workplace along with an improved ability to shift and focus attention .
2.Fit/Healthy employees are less likely to get sick. Reduced absenteeism and reduced health care expenditures are the result of a fit employee base.
3.Fit/Healthy employees inspire confidence. Any person who maintains a high fitness level, tends to be a person in whom others have confidence.
4. Fit/Healthy employees tend to take on more leadership roles. Because of the many positive benefits of a healthy lifestyle, a fit individual tends to make a good leader
5. Fit/Healthy employees tend to have better attitudes. Fit employees generally “feel good”. They tend to have a physical and mental “balance” that results in a more positive attitude in the workplace.
6. Fit/Healthy employees are less stressed. Regular exercise releases the physical AND emotional tensions that life brings our way, thus a fit employee tends to have lower overall stress levels than an employee who does not engage in regular exercise.
7. A fit/Healthy employee base presents excellent team building opportunities. Team building activities are wonderful ways for employees to take their professional relationships to new levels and discover new ways of working together. Obviously, employees that maintain a level of fitness are more likely to participate in these activities.
8. Encouraging fitness demonstrates a concern for employee’s well-being and pays off! Showing your employees that you care about their health and wellbeing will boost morale ,employees notice when an employer shows concern for the health and well-being of their employee base through a variety of wellness programs. Further, it has been shown that employee turnover is significantly lower among employees that take advantage of a wellness program implemented by their employer.